Sunday, November 23, 2008

a couple of firsts

so today the nice lady at the manor set me out on my first journey; we went to the airport in my crate and i hopped on the 9am to 'lax'. the flight was a little rocky and i think i messed my crate, it was pretty scary! once i got to 'lax' some men said they had to process me and transfer me to a cargo area. i knew i was almost at my new home and i was so excited!


here's a picture of me when I arrived! lady jami, i have decided to call her 'mommy', put my new collar on and we went for a stroll in the grass outside the pickup area. mister damien took the afternoon away from work to get me, so we went to get smoothies with jami before she had to go back to work. it seems mommy and daddy, i decided mister damien was 'daddy', were as excited to see me as i was to see them. we had a couple photo shoots during the evening, and then this thing called jetlag caught me... i zonked out near a leg and next thing i knew it was morning and i was waking up in my cozy crate.

the day after we met my new parents took me to meet a really nice lady named dr. karen shane, she is going to be my new vet. it's her job to give my parents and i tips on how to help me grow

up to be happy and healthy. while we were waiting they gave me this really tasty stick thingy, yum! i couldn't keep my paws off of it, i think i chewed the whole thing up right there in the office. after dr. shane checked me out one of her helpers put some stuff in one of my ears and then gave me some yucky tasting medicine stuff. after that mommy and daddy took me home and we hung out for the rest of the day.

i woke myself up crying! i missed my brothers and sisters and i was having nightmares about the airplane, i felt bad for keeping mommy and daddy up all night... i am going to try and sleep better tonight.

go over here to see some pictures of our first days together: http://picasaweb.google.com/fischer.damien/HelixThePup#

2 comments:

TalieTalks said...

A-d-o-r-a-b-l-e! Abso-wootley adorable! I can't wait to hear of all your new adventures! I especially love the picture of Helix and his yellow bear...talk about yer heart flutters - ohmy!

Keep the pics coming!
Love,
-Mom

ptrey said...

Hello Helix,

I can't wait to see you. If you ever make it to Orange County make sure to look me up.