Tuesday, December 9, 2008

home schooling

every morning mister damien wakes up with me and he says we are going 'outside'. we run out the door and into the magic room that makes my legs wobbly, the door closes automatically and then when it opens we are in a new place! then we turn out of the magic room and jump up into a little park where i 'go potty'. i have been learning my way through the building we live in, so i run mister damien through the doors and back to the magic room when we are finished.

i know what is coming next, i love eating breakfast! before daddy feeds me we practice my tricks. i am really good at my 'sit' and i am getting better at 'down'. i get really excited when i hear daddy preparing my food, sometimes i even run into the kitchen and let him know i am hungry. lately we have been playing a game when i eat; mister damien and lady jami will take my food into another room and tell me to 'come', then i run through the house searching for them. it has really helped me learn faster...


after i eat my breakfast i drink some water while daddy and mommy drink their coffee, and then we get to go outside to the big park and play. lady jami always has treats in her pocket, and when we are outside we mix in some learning with playing. 'fetch' is really fun, but i don't quite understand 'give' yet. when mommy or daddy point their palm at me and say 'stay' i know i am not supposed to go anywhere, but i get worried when they move too far away!


when we get back out of the magic room i run down the hallway so fast that my collar pulls on my neck and sometimes i pull so hard that i choke. i am starting to realize that if i stay by mister damien's leg and walk at his pace i don't feel any pressure on my throat. by this time i am really tired and i love to take a nap in my bed while daddy taps on his machine in the den. sometimes mister damien and lady jami both need to leave, and when they do i have to 'a su lugar'. i guess that is spanish for 'go to your place', which means i need to go in my crate for awhile.

even though we work really hard together, it's not all about training... if you would like to see more picture of me training hard and playing harder, check these out!

No comments: